My Guide Website?
Cairo: Private Great Pyramids of Giza Half-Day Adventure
See the Pyramids like they’re shown in the photos – without any tourists! Head out to this iconic Egyptian landmark super early, beating both the crowds and the heat, and get some alone time with the Sphinx. Apparently he’s more charming on his own!
- Visit the iconic Pyramids of Giza before the crowds and the heat
- Snap those photos you’ve always wanted, without pesky tourists getting in the way
- Marvel at one of the true ancient masterpieces: the Sphinx and his Pyramids
- Indulge in a local lunch, making this tour of the Pyramids just a little bit different than the rest
DescriptionGet ready, get set, for an experience of a lifetime – a half-day trip to the Great Pyramids of Giza! The Giza Plateau is a formation of three pyramids, where a father, son, and grandson constructed their afterlife tombs and mapped their journeys to the afterlife. It’s still a bit of a mystery as to how the pyramids were constructed and how long they took to complete, but there’s no question that the pyramids still represent the pinnacle of ancient Egyptian architectural accomplishments. The whole area, really, continues to hold many secrets yet to be uncovered, making the pyramids one of the most alluring and inviting places in the world. Why not tick off that bucket list item, and then some, with a half-day tour to the pyramids that’s going to prove to you why everyone reveres this site so much. What sets this Pyramids tour apart from the others is that you'll beat the tourists and arrive at the Giza Plateau well before the crowds and that ruthless midday sun. You'll also be treated to a local lunch! Pyramids, Sphinx, and lunch? Oh my! The day starts by seeing the guardian of the necropolis, the Sphinx (you know, the one with the missing nose!), which stands in front of the second Pyramid of Khepren. Enter the Giza Plateau from the Sphinx Gate to beat the crowds to the site, and after seeing the Sphinx, walk to the mysterious great pyramid of King Cheops, where you can marvel at the sheer size of the construction, and try and formulate your own theories as to how it was built. The Pyramids tour continues to the second Pyramid of Giza, which is the second largest and the only pyramid that still caries part of its original casing. From there, continue to the third and the smallest of the Giza Plateau pyramids. And no visit to the Pyramids of Giza would be complete without stopping at the panoramic view point where you get to see the all the pyramids of Giza in the one spot (and take a photo like the ones you see in travel books – free of tourists! Well, almost…) Leaving the amazing pyramids behinds, head back out to the streets of Cairo and stop by a local restaurant for lunch. You'll be treated to Koshary, a dish of rice, pasta, lentils, fried onions, and chili sauce, and a favorite amongst young local Egyptians. After lunch, you'll be dropped back off at one of the starting points, where you can carry on your day (although the Pyramids are sure to have already been the highlight!).
IncludesLocal guide Lunch at a local restaurant
- Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Effective September 1, 2021, travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.