The second most frequently visited and certainly one of the most important attractions in Cairo is the Egyptian Museum. You will find the fabulous collection of King Tutankhamun and monuments from all periods of Egyptian history from the pre historic era to the Greco-Roman period.
First built in Boulak, in 1891 it was moved to the Giza Palace of 'Ismail Pasha' which housed the antiquities that were later moved to the present building.
Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors each year. The highlight for most are the rooms containing the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. His 6 gold gilded coffins, each one smaller and more intricately decorated than the last, dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the must-see item of the day.
The Royal Mummies Room (additional cost) is another highlight of the Egyptian Museum. Here you can see the mummies of many great Egyptian rulers, including Ramses II, the builder of the temples at Abu Simbel. Throughout the rest of the museum you will find countless Egyptian artifacts dating back thousands of years. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces before allowing you free time to explore at leisure.
• Private tour to Cairo's famous Egyptian Museum
• Over 165,000 artifacts from ancient Egypt to discover
• See the famous treasures of King Tutankhamun
• Option to visit the Royal Mummies Room
• Full morning to explore the museum at your leisure
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this special private tour
King Tutankhamun collection, Egyptian Museum in Cairo
9:00am (earlier or later departures are available until 1:00pm if required, please advise at time of booking)
Duration:5 hours (approx.)
• Qualified Egyptologist guide
• Entrance to The Egyptian Museum
• Hotel pickup and drop off
• Transport by air conditioned vehicle
• Gratuities (recommended)
• Food and drinks, unless specified
• Entrance to the Royal Mummies Room at the Egyptian Museum (approximately EGP100.00)
, Down-TownView Larger Map