My Guide Website?
Cairo: Pyramids, Memphis, and Sakkara Private Day Tour115 Reviews
See the classic sights of ancient Egypt on this private tour to the Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, and Sakkara. Discover the best of the area all within one exciting day.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cairo:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairo last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the famous Great Pyramids of Egypt at the Giza Plateau with your Egyptologist guide
- Explore the Valley Temple and the Ancient Sphinx, and wonder at the ancient rites of mummification
- See the ancient Step Pyramid of Djoser in the Sakkara archeological site as you learn about the evolution of pyramid design
- Visit Egypt's former capital of Memphis, once the cultural center of the ancient world
DescriptionStart your day trip to the Great Pyramids, Memphis, and Sakkara, with an 08:00 pick-up at your hotel. Your guide will take you to the Giza Plateau where you will see the famous Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinus. Next, see the Great Sphinx statue and visit the Valley Temple, which is a part of the same ancient complex. Marvel at the ancient structure as you learn about the burial rites of the Pharaoh kings. The next stop on your day tour is the Step Pyramid of King Djoser, at the fascinating Sakkara archeological site. Built in the 3rd Dynasty (around 2630 B.C.E.), this special pyramid is the world's oldest major stone structure. From the Step Pyramids transfer to Memphis, the former capital city of ancient Egypt during the Old Kingdom. Having once reigned as a cultural center for over 3,000 years, Memphis offers stunning ancient sites and intrigue.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle Entrances to Giza and Sakkara sites Egyptologist guide Mineral water
- Available languages (Tour guide): English, German, Russian, Spanish What to bring:
- Passport valid for 6 months
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun block
- Sunglasses Trip details: Tour available: Daily Hotel pick-up: 08:00 Hotel return: 18:00