My Guide Website?
From Dahab: 2-Day Guided Tour of Cairo with Hotel Stay
Explore Cairo on an overnight trip from Dahab with hotel stay and guide. Visit the Egyptian Museum, Alabaster Mosque and Khan el-Khalili bazaar. Step back in time at the famous Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx and Saqqara.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cairo:If youʻre booking your trip to Cairo last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sharm El Sheikh: Cairo Pyramids Full-Day Tour by Plane
- From Cairo: 4x4 Desert Safari, Sandsurf, and Camel Ride
- Cairo: Day Tour to the Red Sea with Lunch
- From Cairo: Full-Day Historical Alexandria Tour
- From Cairo: Alexandria Day Tour
- Be awestruck by the world-famous Pyramids of Giza and imposing Great Sphinx
- Visit the fascinating Egyptian Museum, home to Tutankhamun's valuable treasures
- Admire the Alabaster Mosque (Mosque of Muhammad Ali) at Cairo Citadel
- Try your bartering skills with the locals at bustling Khan el-Khalili bazaar
- See the step pyramid of Djoser at Saqqara, the oldest complete pyramid in Egypt
- Guided overnight tour with a qualified Egyptologist and English-speaking driver
DescriptionGo back to ancient times on a 2-day trip, staying overnight in Cairo. See the major sites including the Pyramids of Giza and Great Sphinx, the Alabaster Mosque and Saqqara Necropolis. Bargain like a local at Khan EL-Khalili and explore the impressive Egyptian Museum. Start your Egyptian adventure with a visit to the Egyptian Museum. This world-famous museum contains a huge array of artefacts from Egypt's expansive history. During the visit, your guide will be on-hand to answer your questions and help you navigate the immense collection. Amongst the thousands of artefacts on display at the Egyptian Museum you can find Tutankhamun’s treasures, including his iconic golden death mask. You can also see Khufu’s boat, royal and common mummies and ancient papyrus scrolls. After your museum visit, enjoy a traditional Egyptian BBQ lunch before continuing your Cairo tour at the Alabaster Mosque inside the Cairo Citadel. With a long history, towering minarets and ornate decoration throughout, the Alabaster Mosque is a must-see for visitors to Cairo. Next you can test your bargaining skills with the locals at Khan El-Khalili bazaar, the largest bazaar in the Arab world. You will encounter people of all social classes and religions. Spend an hour browsing the bazaar before heading to your Cairo hotel for the night. On day two after breakfast, your guide will meet you to travel to the awe-inspiring Pyramids of Giza and Great Sphinx, on the outskirts of Cairo. You have three hours to explore these epic ancient structures and learn how the ancient Egyptians achieved such amazing feats of engineering. There are a number of optional activities available around the pyramid complex including camel rides, horse and carriage rides and entrance to the interior of the pyramids. These activities are optional and incur additional fees to be paid on the day. Departing Giza, you head to Saqqara, home to the step pyramid of Djoser. Built in the 27th century BC for Pharaoh Djoser by famed architect Imhotep, this unique structure is the oldest discovered complete pyramid in the world. Saqqara has more to offer than just the famed step pyramid. Around the necropolis lie other ancient remains of mastabas (tombs), temples and courtyards which offer a unique insight into life in ancient Egypt. Concluding your 2-day tour after your visit to Saqqara, your tour guide will bid you farewell as you head back to Dahab.
IncludesAccommodation at a 4 or 5-star hotel in Cairo Egyptologist tour guide in Cairo Entrance fees for Pyramids of Giza complex Entrance fee for Egyptian Museum Entrance fee for Saqqara complex Breakfast at the hotel BBQ lunch on both days Hotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle English-speaking driver
- The drive from Dahab to Cairo is up to 7 hours Highly recommended to have a travel neck pillow for the bus trip to Cairo Entry for the Great Pyramid of Khufu max weight is 95kg