My Guide Website?
Cairo: Private Home Cooked Dinner in a Local's Home
Nothing beats a home cooked meal, especially when you’re travelling. Join this Cairo food tour and get treated like a Pharaoh to a feast at a local family home.
- Enjoy an authentic meal with a local Cairo family
- Learn about Egyptian culture and the typical lifestyle for men and women in the Middle East
- See what a local kitchen looks like and learn the recipes of traditional Egyptian dishes
- Enjoy mint tea (a local favourite) and have a go at a game of Backgammon
DescriptionShare a real Egyptian meal with a local family on this tasty Cairo tour. Visit a family home, chat with the women of the house, check out the ingredients in a typical local kitchen, and learn the recipes for favorite traditional Egyptian dishes. Think kushari, stuffed vegetables, fattah, molokhia, lentil soup, mossaqa, and that famous Egyptian rice with vermicelli. Who’s hungry?! After feasting on delicious food and dessert, you’ll have time to relax, enjoy an Egyptian drink, and chat with family members to learn about Egypt’s culture and what life is like for women in the Middle East. This is your opportunity to ask everything you want to know about Egyptian life, so don’t be shy! Your Cairo food adventure will introduce you to true Egyptian hospitality, traditions, and even the local sense of humor as you sit back and sip a cup of Egypt’s famous mint tea or Egyptian coffee. If you’re feeling competitive, have a go at a game of Backgammon – but be warned, it’s hard to beat an Egyptian at their favorite game! Once you’ve finished your evening and experienced the genuine warmth of this Egyptian family, you’ll bid ma’ salama (goodbye) to new friends and be taken back to your hotel.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Dinner and drinks
- Dress standard: please cover your shoulders and legs to below the knee.
- Child policy: this is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour for the price indicated above. Children younger than 6 are permitted at no extra cost, but please make sure you inform your guides of this before you take the tour.
- Effective September 1, 2021, travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.