My Guide Website?
Cairo: Historical Walking Tour with Local & Dinner5 Reviews
If you’ve taken a history lesson or watched the news in the last few years, you’ll know that every corner of downtown Cairo has a story to tell. Hear these stories and much more on this local Cairo experience that you won’t soon forget.
- Wander through local icons of ancient and modern history, including Liberation Square
- Witness Revolution graffiti, with your local guide providing context and explanations of the messages
- Indulge in a local dinner of Koshary, Egyptian falafel, and ice cream
- Explore downtown Cairo’s classic architecture, like Cairo Opera House
DescriptionGet to know the real Cairo on this downtown Cairo walking tour. For the next 4 hours, you’ll experience Cairo the way locals do, and see the city from their perspective. Start your Cairo tour at New Opera Square in Zamalek, winding your way through Cairo’s ancient and recent history, emerging, fittingly, at Old Opera Square near Attaba. From the city’s most beautiful bridge spanning the Nile, you’ll head towards Liberation Square, which hosted many events during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution, and is a significant landmark in the city’s modern history. In addition to the beautiful 19th and 20th Century architecture featured in downtown Cairo, your walking tour will allow you to check out modern artwork in the form of graffiti. Typically, this graffiti expresses locals’ views towards the Revolution and various political parties. In this area, every corner has its own story to tell, with most intersections featuring a statue of an important historical figure. Not to worry - your local guide will help fill in any gaps to give you better context for what you’re seeing. To cap off your local Cairo walking tour, indulge in a local dish: Koshary, in an authentic local restaurant. Koshary is a mix of rice, pasta, lentils, fried onions, and chili sauce, and is an absolute favorite. You’ll also have the chance to try Egyptian falafel and ice cream before the night is through, giving you a full taste of local life here, all in just 4 short hours!
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Local dinner Transportation to/from downtown Cairo
- Effective September 1, 2021, travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€36.49Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today