Museum of Egyptian Civilization, Citadel & Old Cairo Tour2 Reviews
Explore the famous historical landmarks of Cairo and discover the glory of Ancient Egyptian civilization. Learn about the heritage of the city at the Citadel of Saladin, Khan El Khalili Bazaar, and the Old Cairo district.
- Explore the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization with an expert guide
- Visit Citadel of Saladn and admire its impressive architecture
- Walk through the centuries-old Khan El Khalili Bazaar
- Enjoy Egyptian cuisine for lunch from a local restaurant
- See the famed churches and synagogue of Old Cairo
DescriptionStart with pickup from your accommodation in Cairo or Giza. Enjoy a comfortable journey in an air-conditioned vehicle as you discover some of the world-famous landmarks of Cairo. First, visit the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization with your expert Egyptologist tour guide. Stroll through the many exhibits which display more than 50,000 artifacts from Ancient Egypt. Learn about the history and evolution of Egyptian civilization, as well as their customs and traditions. Next, visit the famous Citadel of Saladin, also known as the Citadel of Cairo. This UNESCO World Heritage Site has a storied history dating back nearly 850 years. Built by the Sultan of Egypt, Salah Al-Din on the Mokattam Hills, enjoy beautiful views of the city as you learn about the Citadel's fascinating history. Then, explore one of the oldest markets in the Arab world, Khan El-Khalili Bazaar. This beautiful 14th-century market still retains traces of its former glory. Walk through the old lanes of the bazaar where you can browse for antiques or handicrafts from the shops. Then, visit a local restaurant to enjoy a traditional Cairo lunch. Lastly, visit the prominent landmarks of Old Cairo such as the Hanging Church, the Church of St. Barbara, the Ben Ezra Synagogue, and the Church of Abu Serga. Afterwards, be returned back to your hotel or selected location in Cairo or Giza by your tour guide.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from your accomodation in Cairo or Giza Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Egyptologist tour guide Bottled water Parking fees Lunch at a local restaurant Taxes and service charges Admission fees for the above-mentioned attractions in the itinerary (unless option selected) Personal expenses Drinks at lunch including water Tipping (not mandatory but appreciated)
- Complimentary pickup is available from your hotel or selected location in Cairo or Giza. You will be contacted via WhatsApp, email, or phone the day before the tour to update the exact pickup time.
- The tour duration includes pickup and drop-off along with travel time (8-9 hours)
- A minimum of 2 persons is required to operate the shared tour, the product can be canceled or rescheduled if the minimum group size is not met
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability