My Guide Website?
From Cairo: Alexandria Private Full-Day Discovery Tour1 Reviews
Go on an inspiring visit to Egypt's second largest city, Alexandria. This tour takes you underground and back in time at the Roman Catacombs and visits the new Alexandria Library. You will also spend time taking in the sea air and vistas of the corniche.
- Visit one of the greatest cities in old and modern times, Alexandria
- Experience the Roman sites of the Catacomb, the Citadel, and the great Alexandria Library
- Head to the former site of the Lighthouse of Alexandria, one of the 7 ancient wonders of the world
- Marvel at the masterpiece relics of the underwater Roman ruins at the National Museum
DescriptionGet ready for an inspiring day in one of Egypt’s most impressive historical cities, Alexandria. After an approximately 3-hour drive, your day tour of Alexandria begins at the Catacombs of Kom Ash-Suqqafa. One of the world's largest Roman burial sites, the Catacombs is also one of Alexandria's most popular attractions. You will descend into a network of underground passages, tombs, and antechambers via a spiral staircase over a 3-level labyrinth. Dozens of chambers with sculpted pillars and statues await your curiosity, as well as a large Roman-style banquet room, where relatives of the deceased traditionally hosted memorial meals. Head to the former site of the Lighthouse of Alexandria, one of the 7 ancient wonders of the world. Although the lighthouse is no longer standing, atop its ruins lies the Citadel of Qaitbay, a defensive fortress built in the 15th Century. Designed as a defense along the Mediterranean coastline, the Citadel offers extensive views, fresh Mediterranean air, and a supreme sense of historical significance. Your tour continues with a visit to the Alexandria Library. Inspired by the original great library of Alexandria, the modern library was built to hold more than 8 million books. Built between 1995 and 2002, it covers 11 cascading levels and although it has not yet reached its capacity, is an impressive homage to the ancient splendor of Alexandria. Your final stop in Alexandria is the National Museum, home to Greek and Roman-era masterpiece ruins discovered under the water on the shores of Alexandria. As one of Egypt’s most historically significant cities, your day tour of Alexandria will leave you with an enriching experience like no other.
IncludesLocal guide Private tour Transportation Entrance fees to catacombs, library, and national museum Local Lunch in Alexandria
- Effective September 1, 2021, travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine. Child policy: Children must be 6 years of age or older. This trip is offered on a 'join-in' basis. Maximum group size is 12.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€163.29Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today