Cairo: Wadi El Hitan Desert Safari, Camel Ride and BBQ Lunch1 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the desert valley landscape. Spot wildlife and whale fossils. Chase thrills and try sandboarding and dune bashing.
- Tour around the magnificent Wadi El Hitan and absorb its mind-blowing views
- Find fossils in the UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Feel your adrenaline pumping and try sandboarding and dune bashing
- Enjoy a relaxed camel ride through the desert landscapes
- Relax at the Bedouin camp along with a flavorsome BBQ lunch
DescriptionStart your desert tour with pickup from your desired location in Cairo or Giza. Proceed to the mesmerizing Wadi El Hitan in an air-conditioned vehicle. Once you reach the desert, walk around and absorb the inspiring views of the valley. Wadi El Hitan is a UNESCO World Heritage site and its name translates to 'Valley of Whales,' as you can see the whale fossils here. Learn about the important stages of evolution from your guide. Try to sight the common wild animals unique to this area, such as African wildcat and Egyptian mongoose. Then, get your thrill-seeking fix with dune bashing in a 4x4 vehicle, moving up and down the sandy dunes for around 1.5 hours. Next up, try your hand at sandboarding. Fasten the board to your feet and slide down swiftly from the dune edge. After that, enjoy a relaxing camel ride and calmly look out across the desert landscapes. Hold on to the camel and absorb the heartwarming desert scenery. Then, arrive at the Bedouin camp and savor a flavorful barbecue lunch. Finish your safari and get dropped back at your chosen address in Cairo or Giza.
IncludesPickup and drop-off in Cairo or Giza Dune bashing in 4X4 vehicle Bottled water Sandboarding Camel ride (15 minutes) BBQ lunch at desert camp Pickup from Nasir city, Cairo Airport, Heliopolis City, New Cairo Tips (optional)
- Sandboarding and dune bashing activities will be canceled if the weather conditions are not safe. • Please do not consume food right before the activity of dune bashing.
- Dune bashing is prohibited for pregnant women, toddlers, and people with neck, back, and heart problems. • Please do not carry cell phones, jewellery or expensive watches.
- A minimum of 2 persons is required to operate the shared tour, the product can be canceled or rescheduled if the minimum group size is not met
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability