My Guide Website?
Full-Day Historical Alexandria Tour
From Cairo: Full-Day Historical Alexandria Tour
- Marvel at the Roman amphitheater of Kom El-Deka
- Admire the architectural excellence of the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa
- Explore Pompey's Pillar, enjoying its artifacts and sculptures
- Enjoy a photo stop by the well-known Library of Alexandria
- Stroll along the ancient ramparts of the 15th century Citadel of Qaitbay
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day trip to the historic city of Alexandria and experience the remnants of a bygone era. After pickup from your hotel in Cairo or Giza, you'll drive towards Alexandria, stopping along the way to use the bathroom and get a coffee. Upon arrival, start your tour of this ancient city. Head towards the marble-stone Roman amphitheater of Kom El-Deka that once accommodated over 800 visitors. Enjoy the sights of its pleasure garden and mosaic floored Roman baths and villas. Afterward, move on to the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa where you can feel the aura of ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman architectural excellence. The cemetery was constructed in the second century AD and is still one of the seven wonders of the middle ages. Next, visit Pompey's Pillar, the significant Roman triumphal column in Alexandria. Savor a delicious lunch from a local restaurant and then enjoy an outside photo stop at the Library of Alexandria, one of the largest and most renowned archives of the ancient world. Later, visit the Citadel of Qaitbay, built above the ruined Alexandria lighthouse. At the end of the tour, you'll be driven back to Cairo or Giza to be dropped off at your accommodation.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned car Egyptologist guide 1 bottle of water
- • The duration of the tour includes the pickup and drop-off times • Children are required to be accompanied by an adult • Pickup service available from your accommodation in Cairo or Giza • The long-range pickup service from Nasr city, Cairo Airport, Heliopolis City, Mirage city, Rehab City, Madinaty, New Cairo, New Capital hotels or on October 6th is available to book in the checkout process as an 'Add on'